Thursday, April 13, 2006

iForward, Russia!

I never listen to Radio 1. Not since Chris Moyles shamelessly mocked the death of 'Best Mate' - and I was only listening to him because he's from Leeds and it seemed like the right thing to do.

So, when I put the radio on tonight,(editing images on the PC and didnt want to play mp3's at the same time) it was a suprise to hear Steve Lamacq announce 'iForward Russia!' as the best new band on the scene. At the same time I was busy trying to sharpen up their energetic, 'cant-stand-still' lead singer on my laptop.

Two days ago I had never heard of them but had been advised by another photographer that they were on the cusp and it was a good time to catch them before they were wrapped up in managerial cotton wool. A few minutes before they came on I asked one of their production team when they were going to start. 'When they're ready', came his cocky, 'I'm with the band' reply. Well, they're here and they're definitely ready....



No comments:

Post a Comment